I was kindly tagged by the lovely Sarah to do the Two Truths and a Lie tag. It looks like fun, and the rules are simple:
- Create a post with your two bookish truths and one bookish lie – but be sure to keep it a secret so your readers can guess!
- Reveal the lie in a spoiler at the bottom of your post.
- Tag 8 friends to play along.
- Link back to the original post so I can see all your secrets!
So, here are my three bookish statements:
- As a child, I made my way through the entire school library, Matilda-style.
- Despite having re-read all the others, I’ve only read the last Harry Potter book once.
- I write annotations in almost every book I read, to help when I’m writing reviews.
Have you guessed which one is the lie yet?
Here comes the big reveal…
… Yes, that’s right, the lie was #3. I never write in my books, and most of them are still in pristine condition. And yes, that means I did read all the books in my Primary school’s library (#OnBrandFromTheStart). They actually moved me into the English class two years above, and started borrowing books from the nearest high school for me to read. Looking back, that was pretty damn accommodating and encouraging of them!
That also means that, yes, I have only read the last Harry Potter book once. I used to re-read the previous books in the build up to a new release, so I’ve read the earliest ones several times over, but I’ve yet to revisit book 7.
Thanks again to Sarah for tagging me! Since it’s taken me a while to get around to this, and I’ve got a few tags to catch up on, I’ll leave this open to anyone who’d like to give it a go. Let me know if you do it so I can try and spot your lie! 😉