The excellent Amalia @ The Opinionated Reader kindly tagged me for the One Lovely Blog Award. (Her blog is great; you should definitely check it out if you haven’t already). The rules are simple, so let’s just jump right in:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog.
- Share 7 facts or things about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers that you admire and inform the nominees.
1. This one is inspired by a recent twitter chat: I have three pets; two cats and one dog. I’m very much a ‘cat person’ in sensibilities, but actually love both species equally. Controversial, huh?
2. I’m the youngest of three brothers.
3. My biggest buzzwords for pretty much anything (books, films, TV shows, etc.) are things like ‘gothic’, ‘dark’ and ‘atmospheric’.
4. I live in the Scottish countryside.
5. I won a poetry competition when I was 10 for reciting the Scots poem, A Dug, A Dug by Bill Keys. I still remember most of it by heart now. (But no, I don’t actually speak with an accent like that.)
6. I’ve been working as a freelance writer for about five years.
7. My favourite storybook as a child was The School Cat by Anne Mangan (I was clearly always destined to be a cat person). I couldn’t even hazard a guess as to how many times I asked to have it read to me, and I can picture all the illustrations vividly to this day. In fact, I still own the same old, battered copy now, and will treasure it forever.
I’m going to tag:
Rachel @ pace, amore, libri
Zuky @ BookBum
Hannah @ I Have Thoughts on Books
Alex @ The Paperback Piano
Marija @ Inside My Library Mind
Steph @ Lost: Purple Quill
Ottavia @ Novels and NonFiction
Charlotte @ Charlotte Annelise
Abigail @ Rambling Writer
Izzy @ Thinking and Inking
There is, of course, no pressure to accept whatsoever – just know I thoroughly enjoy all your blogs!