I rarely get round to taking part in blog awards these days but when (much to my surprise) I saw that I had been kindly put forward for one by one of my very favourite and most generous blogging friends (who goes by the name Just Me, and is nothing but a delight) and saw the wonderful sentiment behind the award itself, I knew I had to get involved.
If you haven’t checked out my nominator’s blog, you absolutely should. Huge thanks also have to go to Audrey, the original creator of the Phoenix Award. It aims essentially to promote people whose main motivation is to support or inspire others with a positive attitude. Here’s the official description:
Recipients of this award personify the Phoenix because they seemingly arise from ashes to thrive in strength, love, and setting a positive example of personal growth and rebirth for others.
The person I have chosen to pass the award on to is Abi from the blog, Whimsywriter3. Whether it’s sharing bookish love, discussing social issues, promoting fellow writers, celebrating creativity, or co-founding a literary magazine, Abi certainly keeps herself busy and always has something interesting, thought-provoking or encouraging to say, so often centered around a true sense of community and mutual support.
Part of the award encourages us to ask 5 questions to help people get to know the recipient a little better, so here are my questions should Abi wish to accept the award (though there’s no pressure to do so, of course).
- What made you decide to start a blog?
- What one book would you urge everyone to read if you could?
- What was the inspiration behind your lit mag, Cauldron Anthology?
- What are some of your favourite non-bookish interests?
- What one fact would you like people to know about you?
The Rules of Nomination (Paying It Forward)
- Nominate one recipient only, so as to preserve its authenticity and to keep it alive and thriving.
- Present the nominee with the award by notifying them.
- Provide a link to an excerpt of the blog that inspired your nomination, and a brief explanation of why you chose that post.
- 5 random questions may be asked to the recipient.
- Remember to appreciate the blogger who nominated you.
- Display your award for all to see and be proud to call yourself a Phoenix.
- Mention the creator of the award and please don’t let the chain die out.