I was kindly nominated by driftinglexi for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s always a surprise and a pleasure to receive a nomination, so thanks again, Lexi.
Here are my answers to the questions she asked:
- Have you ever been to a concert, if so which was your first?
At my last count I’d been to 20 concerts and 2 music festivals. My first proper one wasn’t until 2010 when I saw Paloma Faith (who I’ve now seen 4 times) but I caught the bug and have been making up for lost time ever since and go to see as many of my favourite artists as I can. I’ve also been to a few comedy gigs, a few ballets and a couple of pantos, and live performances in general are something I would love to see more of.
- What was the last thing you watched on TV?
I’ve been really enjoying Humans, a new Channel 4 drama about humanoid synthetics that are a little too intelligent for some people’s liking. It’s just the right amount of creepy to keep me hooked.
- Name three things which make you happy.
Books. Friends. Pets.
- What is your favourite thing about summer?
I love the big, blue skies and gorgeous sunsets we get at this time of year. Though I live in Scotland, so you’ve got to be quick to catch them 😉
- Spots or stripes?
- What are you currently reading?
I’ve just finished The Martian by Andy Weir and am about to start George R.R. Martin’s A Game of Thrones (wish me luck. Have you seen how big that thing is?!)
- What movie are you next looking forward to being released?
Actually, there’s an adaptation of The Martian coming out soon. I’ll be interested to see how well they’ve brought that to screen.
- Do you wear jewellery of any kind?
Not really. I have a few trinket-y things (bookish ones, would you believe?) that I have but they’re more for keepsake than to wear.
- For how long have you been blogging?
Not far off 2 years now. I love it.
- What is your favourite fizzy/soft drink?
I mostly just drink water and tea to be honest. How boringly British! I like coke in my vodka though 😉
- How many languages can you speak? What are they?
Only English and conversational French, to my shame. Learning another language is on my bucket list though, so hopefully one day in the future that list will be a little longer.
We’re supposed to pass the nomination on to 11 people and ask them 11 questions but I’m going to cheat slightly if I may. I saw someone say recently that they prefer to nominate fewer people because it feels more personal and I like that sentiment (plus I’m lazy) so that’s what I’m going to do. So, Melissa Barker-Simpson, S.R. Carrillo, Marcia Meara, Jennifer L. Post and The Bookie Monsters, if you have the time and desire to do so, by all means answer the following questions. If not, no hard feelings 😉
- What’s the first book you remember loving?
- Are there any books you’re embarrassed to not have read yet?
- Where do you get most of your reading recommendations from?
- If you aren’t enjoying a book, do you press on or jump ship?
- Do you organise your book shelves or leave them randomly arranged?
- Which finished book/TV series do you wish could come back?
- Do you prefer paperbacks, hardbacks or ebooks?
- Do you make a TBR each month or let your mood guide your reading?
- Do you have a favourite genre?
- What was the last book that really took you by surprise (be it for good or bad reasons)?
- What got you into blogging?