I recently discovered the great blog, Husband & Husband, and was very kindly nominated by them for the Liebster award. I’ve technically already accepted this award before, but there’s nothing to say I can’t accept again, right? In all honesty, I couldn’t resist when I saw the questions they had asked, so without further ado, here they are:
- What would your patronus be? (If you don’t understand the question you shouldn’t be nominated, LOL)
Most likely a cat. Like our feline friends, I’m sociable to a degree, but I need my own space 😉
- What is your dream job?
This is where I feel really lucky because I actually get to do my dream job. I’m a freelance writer as well as an author of my own creative writing. I love it!
- If you can go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I totally fell in love with Iceland when I was there earlier this year, so the sooner I can go back, the better. I have a lot of extended family in Australia, so I’d love to make it over there one day as well. Oh, and Canada. (I have quite a bout of wanderlust, it seems.)
- What is your number one guilty pleasure?
Food. All the food. All the time.
- If you had a phobia, what would it be and why?
I’ve had a lot of anxiety problems, so I can’t think of anything much worse than having to speak in front of a huge crowd of people.
- What is your favorite book/movie/TV show?
Well, Harry Potter of course (both the books and the movies). I also love Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy and pretty much everything written by Patrick Ness. My favourite movies include Pan’s Labyrinth and the Alien franchise. As for current TV shows, I’m loving Hannibal but I’m still not done mourning for Lost and 24, truth be told.
- If you were an X-Men what would your power be?
Probably something simple and predictable like invisibility.
- If you could meet anyone in the world who would that be?
Definitely Björk and David Attenborough. In fact, the two are mutual fans of each other’s work and did a documentary together, When Björk Met Attenborough, where they explored the links between music and nature as part of Björk’s massive multi-media Biophilia project. Oh to have been a fly on that wall.
- What was your favorite childhood story?
I remember a story called The School Cat that I always wanted read to me as a child (I’m pretty sure I still have it in my attic somewhere). Once I was old enough to read to myself, I loved Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and am hoping to revisit it soon.
- What do you consider home?
Wherever my loved ones are.
Huge thanks again to the lovely guys over at Husband & Husband. I’m going to name Mel, Johnny, Lisa, Sierra and Cassie. If any of you don’t accept awards, already have this one or just don’t have the time to write up a post, no worries at all. Just think of this as my way of saying I like what you do 🙂
If you do want to take part, I’m sure you all know how it works; just answer the following questions and pass on the nomination with some questions of your own.
As always, I’m all for getting involved, so anyone else who wishes to answer the following questions is more than welcome to do so in the comments. Thanks for reading and have a lovely day!
- What’s the first book you remember loving?
- What’s your earliest memory of writing?
- Do you have a favourite genre of books or do you enjoy to read broadly?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- What’s your favourite season, and why?
- Have you ever been abroad? If so, where’s your favourite place you’ve been so far?
- Do you like to try new things or stick to what you know?
- Do you hold on to your belongings (like books, etc.) or have regular clear outs?
- What book are you yet to read but very excited about?
- Who would your ideal dinner party guests be?