I have never been good at accepting compliments or praise of any kind, so when Harliqueen kindly nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award recently, I was incredibly flattered. I haven’t really had this blog for very long, so to know that already there is even a small readership out there who are interested in what I have to say is such a beautiful feeling.
To my knowledge, the formal way to recognise a nomination is to write a post thanking the fellow blogger who put your name forward (huge thanks again Harliqueen, who by the way maintains one of my favourite blogs on WordPress), give seven random facts about yourself and then nominate fifteen interesting blogs you have either recently discovered or have been following and loving for a long time. So, here goes with the seven facts:
- I want to see more of the world. Iceland and Canada are currently at the top of my list.
- Most of my closest friends have been so for a very long time, including one friendship that has now been going strong for fifteen years.
- I love animals. I have a cat called Oscar and a dog called Barney. I sponsor wild animals through WWF and have even been known (on more than one occasion I should add) to switch off movies when animals have been hurt.
- I have two brothers, both of whom are older than me and though we are close, we are all very different.
- I have a passion for music, with Bjӧrk being my favourite artist and I fairly recently started collecting vinyl records.
- My uncle is also a writer, having produced several stage productions and successful radio plays for the BBC, among many other things. (So I don’t have too much to live up to then…)
- I adore winter and – aside from the inconvenience it can cause for travelling – everything that comes with it.
There you have it; a little insight into my simple but enjoyable life. Now for the fun part, some blogs I love and a few others I have only stumbled upon recently and can’t wait to explore some more. They are in no particular order but I hope you too will check some of them out.
- Wasted Times
- Dragonfly Photography
- Ungodly thoughts at ungodly hours
- The 365 Poetry Project
- Peace, Love and Writing
- Zoë Ashton
- All That I Love